1,000 YouTube Subscribers Goal Reached!
With 200 videos filmed over two years I have finally reached the 1,000 subscribers milestone on YouTube! Only 4 in 10 channels every reach this goal and I can understand why!
Producing a 10 minute video that is educational, entertaining and captivating takes around 8 hours. Why??
Let’s look at an average video:
- Research and brainstorm the entire concept.
- Then scripting or outlining the script.
- Next set up all the equipment and coordinate anyone else that will be in the video or helping.
- Then film everything.This can include talking to the camera, overhead views, close ups, transitional pieces and the list goes on and on.
- From there the footage needs to be organized and any other assets gathered such as logos, graphs, stock video or effects.
- Then you can start editing. Depending on the prep in the above steps this can be a long process.
- Finally you upload and share!
By now your eyes are wide and your mind racing and the next logical question is:
“Why on earth would you do all this for a YouTube channel?”
For me it all started when I couldn’t find the content I needed. When volunteering to photograph shelter animals I looked everywhere for resources. And whenever I need help with client shoots or edits I do an internet search. And I couldn’t find anything! So I started the channel myself!
The first year was a giant content experiment. I filmed what came to mind and had no idea what anyone even wanted. However my skills quickly escalated to the point that I could then start taking on paying video clients!
By spring of 2020 I had fellow pet photographers reaching out for help with their photography and business aspirations. So I added business content too. And started a separate email group, Facebook Group and Instagram page throughout the summer. Now I have a mission to help pro and aspiring pro pet photographers! (Exciting things coming up for them too.)
My goal is to reach the next YouTube milestone of monetization. Then I will be able to directly earn income from YouTube.
If you need videos created for your business, especially pet centered business, then reach out! I am always brimming with ideas!
To celebrate the 1,000 subscribers Steve, Bailey and I filmed a party themed photo shoot! You can check out the entire fun video here. These are some of my favorite images.