A super common hang up when trying to hang-up new pictures is putting three holes in the wall when you really only wanted one. Those pesky picture frames really move their hooks when you try to secure them on the wall. I have the solution for you!
All you need is some craft paper, some painter’s tape and a pencil.
- Simply roll out your paper, this could be craft paper from the craft store old newspapers or recycle paper.
- Lay your picture on the paper face down, trace around it and cut out that shape.
- Now put your picture face down on the table and place your paper back on the back of it and mark where the hanger is. You should only need to poke a pencil through right where the nail would go.
- Repeat step 3 for all the images you want to hang in this display. Now you have several paper templates in exact size to tape on to your wall.
- This is where you can have some fun in your design. Use painters tape that won’t harm the paint on your walls and start taping up all of these paper templates.
- If your pictures only have one nail help you may not have to worry too much about using a level but this would be the time to get out your level and your tape measure. I often just eyeball where I want to hang my prints but if you want to be more precise I would definitely get out your level and your tape measure.
- Once all the paper templates are on the wall simply take your nail or your monkey hook and poke it through the paper into the wall.
- If you have a lot of images with similar sizes you may want to write on the paper templates which one goes where.
- Now all you have to do is pull the paper down around the nail and hang up your pictures! I would do this one at a time so you don’t lose track.
My show “Focus on Pets with Monique” on the The Pet Scope TV on Facebook live shows me actually using this technique.
There are several examples on this Pinterest board.
This method Works especially good on curved walls, for big groupings of odd size images, or anywhere you might have more of a fragile all that you really, really only want that one nail hole in.
This is help simplify my life and my frustrations with hanging new pictures in my home and I hope it does the same for you.